Ok, firstly I'm pretty happy with that title, its silly enough and accurate enough to be at least slightly humorous. Also its a 13 character title with only 2 characters that aren't 't' or 'o'.
So, back on topic, or back to things that aren't about the phrazing of the topic it self, should I be running events. I'm talking about running tournaments where I invite lots of people along not the type where I get a group of people to meet together regularly. I'm sure that what I'm trying to do with involve plenty of the later.
I was talking with Stephen the other day and he mentioned that an old fashioned pros and cons list would be helpful here, so:
- Gives something back to the larger community
- Opportunity to come into contact with many people
- Creates an image of significance within the community
- Significant effort needed
- Significant amount of money tied up in product
- Risk of not recovering money spent on product
- Difficult to interact with the participants when I have to run the event.
I think that the Cons are currently winning (although I have no plans to stop running the tournaments any time soon, have I mentioned that the next tourney is just 8 days away?), as most of the Pros can be duplicated by me just judging plenty of events locally anyway.
Please comment if you have any ideas on this.